Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Shots! Shots! Shots Shots! Shots Shots!

LMFAO and Lil John may think shots are fun but I certainly do not. And I have definitely had my fill of them in my lifetime -- after living in Brazil, traveling to South Africa... I thought I would never need any more. But it turns out, I DO! Oh goody.

This also explains why my medical review was taking so long. Considering I reactivated my application in March and hadn't heard anything, I called up Peace Corps Medical (despite the email that said "please do not call us") and I inquired about my application status. Turns out they had mailed me something to my old college address but I never received it because I no longer reside there. Well, I'm glad I ignored their no-calling advice! Looks like I need a polio booster shot and a urinalysis. FUN STUFF. I get to be stuck with a needle and pee in a cup.

I am eager to get this show on the road and find out my placement, so I went ahead and scheduled those things for tomorrow. My lack of a doctor made things more complicated, but after some googling I scheduled an appointment at the University of Texas Medical Center. You know what I learned? Shots are PRICEY! So are Doctors. I'm just glad that the Peace Corps reimburses me for some of this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment