Friday, July 13, 2012

IT'S OFFICIAL! MOZAMBIQUE!

I got my invitation package in the mail today -- so exciting, and yet so overwhelming!

BUT FIRST. Let's take a moment to say THANK GOODNESS I GOT MOZAMBIQUE. I can't properly express how happy I am about that. With all the challenges that PCVs face that I get to look forward to, at least the language barrier won't be as big a problem for me because I already speak Portuguese! I knew one of my languages would come in handy! This way, I have a way to communicate from the get-go and I can focus my attentions on getting BETTER at Portuguese and picking up whatever tribal language is spoken in my villlage. I am just so ecstatic. I had actually started learning French on Duolingo because I was so worried I'd be put in a French-speaking country. (Side note: Duolingo is great. Try it.) On that note: Thanks to all my great Portuguese teachers in the past, especially Suzana! Obrigada, vôce vai ser maravilhado com meu Português quando eu volto em 2014!

But as exciting as all this is, it's a lot to take in. Now I have so much to do. Get supplies. Get a new passport. Get a Mozambican visa. Property insurance. Figure out what to do with my car. (Sell it? Leave it at my parents place?) Call my bank. Find a home for my beautiful, well-mannered, lovely pet rats (any takers?). Cancel the health insurance I JUST signed up for. Figure out how to take as much as I'll need, but not too much, and fit it all into 2 bags whose combined L+W+H are no more than 107 inches.

My to do list has just gotten exponentially longer.

BUT I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment