Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Travel Arrangements!

We finally got what's called our staging e-mail, which includes final details on when and where staging will be and how to make travel arrangements. It's going to take place September 25th in Philadelphia. I'm going to be flying in several days earlier, on the 21st, so I can rent a car and drive down to Northern Virginia, where I spent a sizable chunk of my childhood and adolescence. There I'll visit one of my really good friends from high school, and if all works out, I will drop in and visit the teacher I'll be doing the correspondence match program with.

Of course, within minutes of getting this e-mail, all of us on Facebook immediately started talking about who was coming in when, and it wasn't long before we had an arrangement for about seven of us to meet at the airport on the 24th, when I will be returning my rental car, and taking the shuttle together to get to the hotel. I know I've said this before, but everyone that I've talked to so far seems really awesome, and I can't wait to spend 2 years with these people.

The time is passing really quickly, though. I have a little calendar that I've been crossing the days off of, and I had a mild heart attack earlier this week when I realized I'm only going to be working at my little theater for another week and a half (sad sob, it's been really fun), and in just over two weeks I am leaving San Antonio. When did that happen!?

I hope 27 months in Mozambique doesn't pass this quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment