Thursday, December 12, 2013

And Then There Were Two

It's been a while since I updated, and that's because I've been so busy with my new roommate! That's right, I've got a new person to share Mavudzi-Ponte with. Her name's Laura, she's been living with me for about a week -- first in the living room, since Redi hadn't moved out yet, but now she's got an Actual Bedroom.

Laura
It's been really nice to have Laura. She's only been here a short while, but I feel myself in a better mood in general already. Mavudzi-Ponte is a great place to be, but I did get very lonely last year, and I'll be so happy to have Laura around this next year to joke with, talk to, complain to, and laugh with.

We've spent the last week trying to get our house moved in and clean, and ready to receive the influx of visitors that are coming next week. That's right, in T minus four days, I meet my parents in Johannesburg, and shortly thereafter we'll all descend upon Mavudzi-Ponte for a wonderful Christmas.

More to come! Life is great!

3 comments:

  1. Your parents are excited about the trip! I know you must really be counting those days! We will miss all of you during the holidays (Mark too), but we know you will have a wonderful Christmas! Love to you, Aunt B and Uncle W and Don

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm anxiously awaiting lots of posts in the coming days! Mrs. H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you have a new roomie and friend! She looks so happy too!

    ReplyDelete