Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Dementor Attack!

With the month of January comes the rain. Not just your average rain, either -- no, this is African monsoon torrential downpour, which brings with it lots of bugs (bad) but also cooler weather (good).

Last night was so pleasant that Laura jumped up from our couch mid-movie and excitedly proclaimed "That's it! I'm putting on a hoodie!"

She disappeared into her room. A few seconds later, I hear a weird noise.

"AAaughhh!!!!"

"You OK in there?" I casually asked.

The door creaked open, and a hooded monster came stumbling toward me, arms aloft.

"I AM A DEMENTOR! HEAR ME ROAR!"



I laughed. Then I looked over at the door, and I laughed even harder, because standing in the doorway was our next door neighbor Páscoa, looking equally amused and confused.

"I WILL SUCK OUT YOUR SOUL! AARRRRRGHHH!!!" continued the Dementor, unfazed and unaware.

I could barely stop laughing except to say "Take -- off -- your -- hood!" in between bouts of laughter.

Laura obliged, and looked at me. Then she followed my eyes to Páscoa, still smiling in the doorway, and burst into peals of laughter herself.

"É teatro...?" Páscoa asked. "Is it... theater?"

And we just laughed. "Não, é só uma brincadeira..."

"Nope, we're just fooling around."

No comments:

Post a Comment