Friday, May 23, 2014

Blogathon Day 10: Frio, pah!

Winter has come with a vengeance!

Last night, I made myself and Izaquel hot chocolate with marshmallows, which we consumed each cocooned in our own blankets. It's overcast, cold, and real stay-inside weather -- this morning, I would have been content to stay in bed in my bubble of warmth, reading 100 Years of Solitude all day if it hadn't been for my rather urgent need to pee.

All the students are walking around, wearing big puffy jackets. Looking at them, you'd think it's below freezing, when really, it's maybe in the low '60s. In Sweden, I would have called this "shorts weather". Here, it feels more like absolute zero.

I love this time of year. Hot tea with honey, soup for dinner, blankets in bed... so lovely. We have exactly two months to enjoy it, and I plan on taking full advantage.

Now, where's my mug of hot chocolate?


(P.S. Check out this hilarious blog post by my friend Gina!)

2 comments:

  1. That is one thing I've learned - weather is relative - reaction to it depends on where you are from and what you are used to in your part of the world. Mrs. H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their reaction to the weather reminds me of home. My mother would send me out with a jacket if it didn't feel sweltering outside.

    ReplyDelete