Thursday, July 18, 2013

Let the Adventure Begin!

The second trimester has come to a close, and I'm ready for an epic journey! Tomorrow morning at dawn I'll be setting out on a trip with my friends Szasha and Joanna to go to Lake Malawi. On our way, we're going to make a few stops -- Angonia, to visit some Peace Corps colleagues in the mountains of Tete; Dedza, a Malawian border town which has a particularly famous restaurant that makes cheesecake (Yes, cheesecake! That thing I've been craving for nine months!); and finally Lilongwe, the capital and largest city of Malawi. After Lilongwe, we'll spend three or four days doing absolutely nothing on the beaches of Cape Maclear, and it will be bliss.

Right after my super fun vacation, it's right back to work, as I have a conference to go to with two of my colleagues. We'll be learning more about the "Books for Africa" program that I've been selected to do, as well as get more info on how to organize and fund other community projects (like the computer lab I'm trying to build at my school.)

Long story short, it might be a while before I can update my blog -- there's a lot going on these next two weeks! However, rest assured that once I do finally come home and things settle down, I'll have a lot to write about.




3 comments:

  1. How are you traveling? By wheels - car, bus, train - or flying? Mrs. H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mostly by chapa, though some stretches we might get lucky and find someone with a private car going our way.

      Delete
  2. An adventure, for sure! Stay safe - I'll say prayers. Mrs. H.

    ReplyDelete