Monday, May 19, 2014

Blogathon Day 7: Manic Monday

"It's just another manic Monday
I wish it were Sunday
'Cause that's my funday
My I don't have to run day
It's just another manic Monday"

The Bangles must have been thinking of me when they wrote their hit song, Manic Monday, because my Mondays this year are crazy, today especially. I woke up this morning and all I wanted to do was watch Game of Thrones, but I had a to-do list the size of Niassa, so I got to work. The whole time I was making phone calls, I was thinking "Boy, how's Tyrion going to get himself out of THIS mess?" and every keystroke of my computer reminded me of sword-swishes and axe-clashes. I went to class, and as I taught about was and were for eight hours, I kept thinking "So who WAS the king-killer? Who WERE they working for?" At eight thirty this evening, when I was finally finished teaching (eight lessons in a row! phew!), I made a break for home but got caught up in a chit-chat with my director. (You all know how much I just love idle conversation.)

But now? I'm home. My door is locked. I'm showered and in my PJs, and I'm under the covers.

It's time for Game of Thrones. I've been waiting all day, and it's my reward.

Winter is coming! The night is dark, and full of terrors!

No comments:

Post a Comment