Sunday, July 14, 2013

Eine Kleine Wanderung

These past few months, I've felt my world getting smaller with every passing day -- I spend a lot of time reading at home, a lot of time teaching at school, and the rest of my time hanging out with my colleagues, who all live a stone's throw away. While it's super convenient to live next to school and next to all of my friends, it means I don't get out a whole lot.

So today, when Szasha came over for the day, we decided to take a walk down the river. Now that it's dry season, what used to be a gushing torrent of water is now just a peaceful trickle. It was beautiful! Sometimes I get so caught up in complaining about the heat, about chapas, about greedy children, that I forget how lucky I am to live in such a lovely place.

But enough blabbering. I'll let my photos do the talking!

The calm river.

A skull fragment. An unlucky goat? No idea.

We watched these goats get harassed by an egret for a good 20 minutes.

Look how dry everything is! (And notice how cold, too! A hoodie!)

I ended my day with a nice cup of tea and a good book.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're enjoying that particular book---and a cuppa is always pleasurable! Your walk was also lovely! Glad you are back home!!! Aunt B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed the book! Great read, very uplifting.

      Delete
  2. I can feel that coooool - enjoy it while you can! Mrs. H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, the heat is going to come back here in about a month... but for now, I'm relishing sleeping with my blanket and wearing my hoodie.

      Delete