Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Top Ten Signs I'm in the Peace Corps

10. I don't remember what real milk tastes like. When I'm feeling lavish and extravagant, I have a glass of cold powdered milk for dessert.

9. Sometimes I find bugs in my pasta. I consider them for a moment, then decide its bonus protein and eat the pasta anyway.

8. For the first time in my life, I willingly wake up early and I'm exhausted by 9 p.m.

7. I have maningue trouble speaking pure English without the odd Portuguese word sneakily creeping into my sentences.

6. I regularly sit on my bamboo mat, wearing my handmade friendship bracelets, eating soy-based foods and playing my acoustic guitar. What a hippie.

5. Most of my friends are ninth graders.

4. Anything under 80 degrees is cool (hoodie weather). Under 70 is downright cold. (Hoodie, sweats, scarf and blanket.)

3. I show up for 8 o'clock meetings at 9:30 (and am still the first one there.)

2. On the rare occasion I have the opportunity to shower, I forget what order to do things in because I'm too distracted by the magical water falling from the ceiling.

1. When I wake up in the morning, I can't wait to see what's going to happen. I look forward to going to work every single day.


1 comment: